My kid brother is all grown up now. Or so he thinks. I recall an incident when he was 9 years old and in class 4, he locked me out of the bathroom because apparently, he was taking a shower and wanted privacy.
"Collins, open this door!"
"What do you want?" (seriously? Everybody has a right to enter the bathroom)
I remained placid and replied, "The hair conditioner on the shelf"
"What for?"
An aggravated me was gradually launching but I had to be tranquil otherwise I would die a slow death trying to get my atrocious brother to open the bathroom door.
"To add it to the cooking meal in the kitchen for flavor" I replied serenely.
"Ha! I will tell mummy you want to kill all of us when she gets back"
He actually thought I would add the hair conditioner to the food. What am I? An alien from Jupiter?
"Of course its for my hair stupid!" I was now getting agitated and I could not grasp why this little thing needed privacy!
He finally unbolted the lock and hid behind the door.
In a smirk he said, "I don't want you to see my dudu" (For you all, that's a dick (are the small ones also called dicks? Because I think they are too tiny and innocent and gullible to suit that name) and if you feel affronted by that, I would benevolently ask you to grow up)
For crying out loud, I was not interested in that small little thing of his. But of course, how would he fathom this. I got in and took what I needed. Without another word to him. He hates silent treatment.
"Are you mad at me?"
"No baby, I am actually very happy with you for making me stand at the door for that long!"
He knows that tone.
"am sorry"
Aaaww....I love it when he apologizes, with that cute baby face of his (Oh! He has a baby face because he is still a child...kinda slips my mind all the time) and the piggy little eyes. Reminds me that I am the older one, and I deserve all the respect in the world.
"Its okay lil chap!"
Then I left the bathroom.
Five minutes later, the house help effortlessly gets into the bathroom and helps him get a shower. Too much for privacy I guess.
Now, 3 years later, he is in a boarding school and I miss him terribly. It hit me how fast years are going by, and soon, he will be going through the ritual! You know what I mean. (chuckles).
No comments:
Post a Comment